Build 2019.18250 - Aug xx, 2019
- NDI In TOP / NDI Out TOP - Added support for sending and receiving frame metadata. Metadata can also be used in text format.
- Text DAT - New 'Sync to File' toggle will sync DAT to external file on load and continously monitor changes to file and update the DAT. Edits to the DAT will be saved to the external file right away.
- A file must be specified for the option to be enabled.
- 'Edit Contents...' will bring up the external file instead of a temporary file.
- If the file does not exist (or is missing), it will be created when 'Edit Contents...' is triggered.
- Updated external file monitoring to use system events instead of polling for file modification updates.
- Camera Blend COMP - Now can blend background colors of inputs (via toggles on Blend page) and its own background color parameters (using Weight parameter on Settings page).
- Camera Blend COMP - Now can blend fog of inputs (via toggles on Blend page) and its own fog parameters (using Weight parameter on Settings page).
Snippets: 6 new ones: 1 Boolean SOP, 2 Group SOPs, 1 Render TOP, 2 Projection TOPs.
- OP Snippets - 6 new ones - 1 Boolean SOP, 2 Group SOPs, 1 Render TOP, 2 Projection TOPs. Thanks to James Hunter for contributing. OP snippets welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org, especially examples for operators that we dont cover yet.
- Updated basic widgets and autoUI.
- tdu Module expansion method: tdu.expand('A[1-3] B[xyz]') # return ['A1', 'A2', 'A3', 'Bx', 'By', 'Bz']
- Page Class - methods and members will now also work for built-in pages.
- Par Class.page member can now return a built-in page.
- Par Class - Added Par.subLabel member.
- Par Class - Added collapser/collapsable boolean members, these are for collapsable parameters like those found on MATs for texture map's Texture Sampling Parameters.
- OP Class.pages() method returns a list of the node's built-in pages.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Blob Track TOP - Added a default docked Info DAT for blob info.
- Text DAT / Table DAT - Fixed offsets that would sometimes occur with cursor positioning. Improved unicode cursor positioning.
- OSC In CHOP - Fixed recent bug adding invalid messages on non-scoped messages, this could cause problems connecting with TDAbleton.
- Timer CHOP - Fixed onSegmentEnter/onSegmentExit callbacks in parallel mode.
- Laser CHOP - Some optimizations to blanking and performance.
- Trigger CHOP - Changed Ease In and Ease Out curves so there is no popping when attacking or releasing.
- Phong MAT / Light COMP - Added tweak to help avoid seams when using equirectangular maps for environment mapping and projection mapping.
- Light COMP - The light's rotation now affects equirectangular projection maps.
- Replicator COMP - Fixed a crash when Template DAT recreates all during cook. Also addressed some undercooking/overcooking issues.
- Window COMP - If 'Window Operator set to a Base COMP, it now properly handles various viewer types. If Base COMP's 'Operator Viewer' parameter is set to a Panel COMP or TOP, 'Opening Size' can be used by the Window COMP. Proper warnings and size menu selection when resolving to a blank Base COMP.
- List COMP - Fixed extra onRollover callbacks triggering when onHover event.
- List COMP - Include onHover() callbacks when exiting list area completely.
- Field COMP - Fixed possible recursion warning.
- Added warnings when invalid global, parent, or internal shortcut names are used.
- Fixed channel name labels jumping away from cursor in some CHOP viewers.
- Fixed bug where renaming nodes did not trigger node dependencies to update.
- Fixed error and exception when comparing to None in Point, Prim, and Vertex Classes
- Fixed sticky origin (gizmo) axis rotation.
- Export Movie Dialog improvements
- Fixed filenames not being displayed correctly.
- Fixed missing frames from end of recorded movie.
- Component Editor Dialog improvments
- Dragging into Component Editor now has highlights.
- Can use expand strings to create parameters in Component Editor (e.g. Button[1-12])
- BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY WARNING - GLSL MAT - Geometry shaders that are using lines primitives as input must use 'lines_adjacency' as their input type, not 'lines'. This change occured in 2019.10000 branch but was not documented yet.
An Operator Family that creates, composites and modifies images, and reads/writes images and movies to/from files and the network. TOPs run on the graphics card's GPU.
A built-in panel in TouchDesigner that contains a library of components and media that can be dragged-dropped into a TouchDesigner network.
OP Snippets is a set of numerous examples of TouchDesigner operators, which you access via the Help menu. These can be copied/pasted into your projects.
An Operator Family that reads, creates and modifies 3D polygons, curves, NURBS surfaces, spheres, meatballs and other 3D surface data.
Each SOP has a list of Points. Each point has an XYZ 3D position value plus other optional attributes. Each polygon Primitive is defined by a vertex list, which is list of point numbers.