- TouchDesigner now available on macOS (10.11+ El Capitan or Sierra)
- Python 3.5 (enables the use of openCV)
- Component Privacy to lock your components
- PBR MAT for Physically-Based Rendering materials
- Substance TOP for loading PBR materials from Substance Designer
- Environment Light COMP for environment lighting
- Ableton Link CHOP syncs timing to Ableton Live sessions
- Web Render TOP to render webpages and a Palette:webBrowser in the Palette
- sACN multicast support and DMX improvements
- HTC Vive Development Environment to get VR projects started quickly
- NDI In TOP and NDI Out TOP to stream video over LAN using Newtek's NDI networking
- MQTT Internet of Things protocol.
- Splice CHOP for manipulating CHOP samples and channels
- Helios DAC CHOP for more laser control options
- OpenColorIO TOP for advanced color grading
- RealSense support for latest cameras and drivers
- Video Device In TOP native SDK support added for Point Grey, Bluefish444, AJA
- BlackTrax CHOP gets data from BlackTrax Motion Tracking systems
- GLSL Compute shaders
- FBX export from SOPs
- Improvements to CHOP Export conflicts
- High-DPI Window COMP and scalable user interface
- Math TOP now operates on pixel values similar to the Math CHOP - re-ranging, combining, scaling.
Updating licenses and keys to 099 works differently now. If you bought a license in the last year you can start using that license with 099 right away. If not, you need to purchase an update.
Non-Commercial licenses are available for personal, educational, or evaluation purposes. If you or your organization are compensated for your work with TouchDesigner, you must have a Commercial or Pro license. For a comparison of licenses see Licensing.
- The Getting Started Tips will help you install TouchDesigner and get it keyed and running.
- Go through First Things to Know about TouchDesigner to get an introductory overview.
- Follow along Best of the Best Workshop videos and Matt Ragan's 2-day Intro to TouchDesigner workshop.
Tutorials and Workshop Videos
- Tutorials and Videos from Derivative - Start with the quick primer "First Things to Know about TouchDesigner" followed by the Best of the Best videos.
- Matthew Ragan's TouchDesigner Tutorials - An excellent resource for learning TouchDesigner covering over 100 topics from a great teacher.
- More User-Contributed Tutorials - More excellent videos from experienced TouchDesigner artists.
- See also
- Browse the Wiki Categories. Also explore the navigation bar on the left using the links or search field.
- Operator Help pages - All the node types of TouchDesigner.
- Introduction to Python - An introduction to Python scripting in TouchDesigner. Python Reference is also available for a full list of python classes.
- TouchDesigner Tips - A collection of short how-to tutorials showing you how to accomplish certain tasks.
- Search documentation using the wiki advanced search page.
- Offline Help - Access the wiki when you are not connected to the internet by pre-downloading the offline documentation package.
Sample Components, Tools and Examples
- OP Snippets - Hundreds of examples found via the Help -> Operator Snippets menu.
- Palette Browser - In the menu Dialogs -> Palette Library, or the left-pane of the default TouchDesigner.
- .tox Component forum - User-contributed components.
- General forums - Where to get any questions answered.
- Gallery forum - What people have created with TouchDesigner.
- .tox Component forum - A collection of helpful community build components.
- Facebook - Join us on Facebook and keep up to date with the latest TouchDesigner projects.
- TouchDesigner Help on Facebook- Massively Helpful Facebook Help Group for TouchDesigner run by users.
- Vimeo - Videos posted by the TouchDesigner community on Vimeo.
- Twitter - Follow us on Twitter @1null1
- FAQ - Frequently asked questions about TouchDesigner.
- Books - A list of books written about TouchDesigner.
- Matthew Ragan's github Examples
- Resources - Textures, devices, movies, audio and more.
A 3D image created with the Render TOP. Also used more generally to include the compositing (with TOPs) to generate an output image.
A built-in panel in TouchDesigner that contains a library of components and media that can be dragged-dropped into a TouchDesigner network.