Differences with TouchDesigner on macOS
- In most cases where one would use the "ctrl" modifier key on Windows, macOS uses the "cmd" key.
- Common main menu items and macOS system wide shortcuts are respected where possible. For example, the location and keyboard shortcut for TouchDesigner Preferences... is 'macOS-like'.
- The scroll wheel actions are inverted compared to Windows (by default), but this can be set in macOS with System Preferences > Mouse > Scroll Direction: Natural
- TouchPlayer is distributed using a separate installer on macOS. Scroll down after following this link Download macOS TouchPlayer
- CodeMeter Runtime for USB Licensing Dongles is a separate installer on macOS. Download it here Download macOS CodeMeter
- You can run multiple builds of TouchDesigner easily on macOS by simply putting the TouchDesigner application in a different folder or by renaming the TouchDesigner.app file (so it doesn't overwrite the existing build).
Limitations and Known Issues
- Operators not functioning yet but in the works.
- Shared Mem OPs
- SVG TOP
- Web Render TOP
- Text TOP - Only renders text in Bitmap mode for now.
- Line Width parameter in Materials (MATs) has no effect.
- DMX Out CHOP - ENTTEC USB Pro not connecting automatically. For now work around is entering this command in the Terminal.
sudo kextunload -b com.apple.driver.AppleUSBFTDI
- Multiple Instances - You can only launch 1 TouchDesigner process at a time.
- You can launch a second TD process from inside a TD process using ui.viewFile() from the UI Class.
- Geometry COMP - Texture Instancing is not currently supported by Apple's OpenGL drivers.
- 3D Viewers and SOP Modeler
- Selection of geometry not working
- SOP Modeler not working yet
- SymbolPicker doesn't render
- Operators that are not supported on macOS.
- Kinect OPs
- RealSense OPs
- DirectX TOPs
- Oculus Rift OPs
- OpenVR OPs
- Scalable Display TOP
- NatNet CHOP
You can find the crash reports via Applications->Utilities->Console. The Crash reports will be under User Reports and named TouchDesigner099_date-xxx.crash.