Creating a Key
Creating a Key
This section describes creating and installing a key for TouchDesigner if your computer is connected to the internet. If you do not have an internet connection on the computer, see the Offline section below.
- Select the Create option along the top of the Key Manager Dialog.
- Sign In using your Derivative username and password. Click the Sign In button.
- In the following dialog, it will display all the available licenses in your account. Select which license to create a key with and click the Create Key button. Licenses that are greyed out need to be updated to work with the installed build.
The key will be created and installed and you're ready to go!.
Creating a Key - Offline
This section describes creating and installing a key if the computer can not be connected to the internet.
In the case that the TouchDesigner computer can not connect to the internet, keys can be created for it on another connected device.
1. Take note of the Machine Name and the System Code near the bottom of the Key Manager dialog on the computer you need to make a key for.
2. Go to www.derivative.ca and login using your Derivative username and password. Go to the [KEYS] tab.
3. Locate the license you would like to use to create a new key with. The license must not be in use on another computer (See "Disabling a Key" if the license is in use).
4. Click the Create Key button found on the license.
5. In the popup dialog, enter your computer's information. Click the Create Key button and the key will be created.
6. Copy and paste the key into the Install section of the Key Manager Dialog. Click the Install Key button and you're ready to go!