A CHOP describes a reference to a CHOP operator, containing a set of channels accessed with the Channel Class.
As these attributes are dependent on each other, set the
startTime) attributes, before the
end → (Read Only):
The end index of the channels. This can be modified only when the CHOP is a scriptCHOP.
export → (Read Only):
Get or set export flag.
exportChanges → (Read Only):
Number of times the export mapping information has changed.
isCHOP → (Read Only):
True if the operator is a CHOP.
isTimeSlice → (Read Only):
True if the CHOP last cooked as a time slice.
numChans → (Read Only):
The number of channels.
numSamples → (Read Only):
The number of samples (or indices) per channel. You can change the number of samples by setting this value, only in a scriptCHOP.
rate → (Read Only):
The sample rate of the CHOP. This can be modified only when the CHOP is a scriptCHOP.
start → (Read Only):
The start index of the channels. This can be modified only when the CHOP is a scriptCHOP.
channels may be easily accessed from a CHOP using the  subscript operator.
- nameOrIndex - Must be an exact string name, or it may be a numeric channel index. Wildcards are not supported. Refer to the help on channels to see how to use the returned Channel object.c = n c = n['chan2']
Saves the channel to the file system. Supported file formats are .clip, .bclip, .chan, .bchan and .aiff.
Returns the file path used.
- filepath - (Optional) The path and filename to save to.name = n.save() #save in native format with default name n.save('output.chan') #ascii readable tab delimited format n.save('output.aiff') #supported audio format
chan(nameOrIndex1, nameOrIndex2..., caseSensitive=True)→
Channel or None:
Returns the first Channel that matches the given name or index or None if none are found.
Multiple patterns may be specified which are all added to the search.
- nameOrIndex - May be a string name, possibly using Pattern Matching, or it may be a numeric channel index.
- caseSensitive - (Optional) Specifies whether or not case sensitivity is used.c = n.chan(4) c = n.chan('chan*') c = n.chan('chan3zall', caseSensitive=False)
chans(nameOrIndex1, nameOrIndex2..., caseSensitive=True)→
Returns a (possibly empty) list of Channels that match that specified names or indices. Multiple names and indices may be provided.
- nameOrIndex - (Optional) One or more string names, possibly using Pattern Matching, or numeric channel index. No arguments are passed, a list of all channels is returned.
- caseSensitive - (Optional) Specifies whether or not case sensitivity is used.newlist = n.chans() # get all channels in the CHOP newlist = n.chans('a*', 3,4,5, 'd*')
Create an Animation COMP that contains a keyframed approximation of the CHOP's channels.
The resultant animationCOMP is returned.
- tolerance - (Keyword, Optional) If this is not given, the default value is 0.1. It may be overridden for higher accuracy match between the source channels and the resulting keyframed channels.