TouchDesigner and TouchPlayer licenses are perpetual and include updates for 1 year from date of purchase. During this period you can update to any newly released build of TouchDesigner. After this period is up, you can continue to use the builds you already enjoyed (forever!), but to use newer builds you must purchase 1 year of updates from the Store.
- Version numbers (088, 099…) are no longer important, we are using year.build (e.g. 2019.12000). Update 088 licenses to 099 by simply purchasing 1 Year of Updates.
- As before, licenses never expire. A build that works with a license will work forever.
- Each license purchased comes with 1 year of updates. Any build that comes out within that year will work with that license.
- After that year of updates is over, all builds made before that date will continue to work. However, newer builds will not work with that license. At this point when you want to use a newer build of TouchDesigner with that license you must purchase a year of updates.
Steps to Update License
Purchase updates from the Store. Be sure to select a year of updates for the proper license type; Educational, Commercial, or Pro.
1 - Login to MY ACCOUNT, go to MY LICENSES and locate the license you want to update.
2 - Note the UPDATES date displayed in the upper-right. Any TouchDesigner build that was compiled before that date will work with this license. Click on the license to expand its Details.
3 - If you do not have an update to use in your account, a PURCHASE UPDATE button will be displayed. Purchase 1 Year of Updates before proceeding to the next step.
4 - Once you have updates available in your account, the button will say APPLY UPDATE - N LEFT where "N" is the number of updates you have left in your account. The below image shows 1 Commercial update available for the license.
5 - Click the APPLY UPDATE button and accept YES in the Extend Update Period popup dialog.
- If the update date was in the past, 1 year will be added to today's date.
- If the update date has not past yet, the update date is extended by adding 1 additional year.
6 - ***IMPORTANT FINAL STEP***
If you manage your license via the Key Manager:
- In TouchDesigner's Key Manager, create a new key that has the new Update Date. This might require you disable your old key that was out of date first, then create a new one stamped with the new Update Date.
If you are using a Dongle or Floating Cloud license:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an activation link or update for your cloud license. Simply let us know the dongle number or license ID and a member of our team will complete the final step.
For 1 Year of Updates, the price per license is:
- Commercial $300
- Pro $400
- Educational $150
- TouchPlayer Commercial $150
- TouchPlayer Pro $300
Q: How do I know when I can get new builds until?
A: Your licenses will now feature an "Update date”. You can use any TouchDesigner build/version compiled before this date. The update date is displayed in the licnese details in MY LICENSES section of MY ACCOUNT.
Q: When do I need to buy an update?
A: If you want to use a newer build created after the update date of your license, you need to purchase a year of updates for that license.
Q: Where can I get updates for my license?
A: Please purchase updates from the Store.
Q: How do I update a license?
A: If you have purchased an update you can apply it to a license in MY LICENSES section of MY ACCOUNT.
Q: Will my license stop working if I don’t purchase updates?
A: If you do not purchase updates you can continue to use your license with the last build valid before your license’s update date. You can use this build forever.
Q: What if I don’t update my license right away?
A: You do not need to purchase updates immediately. When you buy another year of updates, 1 year will be added to your license’s update date from the day you choose to apply it to your license. You can choose which license to apply your updates to in MY LICENSES section of MY ACCOUNT. You do not need to 'catch up' on updates. Even if you haven't purchased an update for 3 years, a single update will give you 1 new year of updates from the date of purchase onward.