Note that experimental builds include new features still in development and ideas being tested, features are subject to change. For the stability and reliability required for performances and project deliveries, we recommend using the production ready Official Builds.
Check Known Issues and Backward Compatibility warnings below.
Build 2020.40290 - Jul 29, 2020
Major Feature Additions
- 3D Viewer Camera Controls overhauled for pane Geometry Viewers and Object COMP and SOP node viewers.
- 4 Camera Navigation Modes selectable from the right-click menu in the viewer.
- For the first 3 modes the camera dolly now moves towards the cursor position rather then the center of the screen. Each of these modes differ in the the way they set a pivot to tumble around.
- The last mode, Camera Mode, moves and pivots from the perspective of the camera and is more similar to the movement possible using a real-world camera (ie pan, tilt, dolly, track, crane).
- Scroll wheel now also works for dolly in addition to the previous MMB-drag.
- New outline shader for selected geometry, no longer colors the entire object solid green or yellow.
- 3D Spacemouse supported in all 3D viewers https://www.3dconnexion.com/ (Windows only, macOS work in progress)
- Drag-and-Drop overhaul - To create custom drag/drop systems for your controlpanels and UIs.
- Use Python Drag/Drop Callbacks with all Panel Components for 'When Dragging This' or 'On Dropping Into' events.
- When Dragging This callbacks include
list of item dictsand
onDragEnd(comp, accepted, dropResults)
- On Dropping Into callbacks include
True if drag items are acceptable,
onHoverEnd(comp, dragItems), and
Dict of results
- For usage details and examples see this new documentation Experimental:Drag-and-Drop
- wrnchAI CHOP - New CHOP which supports wrnchAI skeleton tracking for any camera or video stream. (Windows only and required Nvidia GPU)
- FreeD CHOP - New CHOP that creates channels from a stream of FreeD camera tracking data.
- JSON DAT - New DAT for parsing JSON and filtering outputs, which eliminates having to code scripts to parse and manipulate JSON, and keeps the data flow procedural.
Other Noteworthy New Features
- Movie File Out TOP - NotchLC encoding now supported. Windows only for now, macOS support coming later this year.
- RealSense TOP - Added support for RealSense L515 LiDAR sensor. Windows only, macOS librealsense SDK bugs still being dealt with.
- Rectangle TOP / Circle TOP - Added Justify parameters to align the rectangle/circle horizontally or vertically.
- Screen Grab TOP - Added Source parameter to select individual displays or the entire desktop (Windows Only).
- Text TOP - Added Slug support which is a high quality GPU-based scalable font rendering library. This is available by setting Display Method = Scalable.
- Video Stream In TOP - Added support for HLS/DASH input via URLs that point to m3u8 files.
- Video Stream In TOP - Added support for SRT (Secure Reliable Transport) protocol using srt:// URLs.
- Audio Stream In CHOP - Added Audio Sync Offset parameter to tweak audio streaming sync with a Video Stream In TOP.
- Filter CHOP - Added One Euro filter type, good for filtering noisy signals while maintaining high precision and resposiveness.
- SOP to CHOP - Added Point Index and Normalized Position output toggle parameters.
- Constant TOP / Ramp TOP / Text TOP / Circle TOP / Rectangle TOP - Generator TOPs can now composite with an input. Added 'Output' page providing all the composite types of the Composite TOP.
- TOP Class - Added ability to control 'quality' of JPEG saving.
- COMP_Class.internalOPs COMP_Class.internalPars - Dictionary of all internal shortcuts defined in the component (see also OP_Class.iop OP_Class.ipar).
- Tools > camera is a new component like Palette:arcBallCamera but using the new camera control scheme introduced in TouchDesigner's built-in 3D geometry viewers.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- CUDA - Upgrade to CUDA 10.1.
- FFmpeg - Upgrade to FFmpeg 4.3.
- RealSense TOP - Upgrade to SDK version 2.36.0.
- Text TOP, Text SOP - Fonts are now enumerated properly and return more fonts, giving access to the multiple font weights/styles embedded into one font file.
- Circle SOP - Normals for the ZX orientation now point along the positive Y axis for consistency with other orientations and SOPs. See BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY notes below.
- List COMP - Fixed crash ending a drag action with the List COMP.
- Execute DAT - Fixed crashes when Execute DATs cause self deletion.
- Line MAT - Fixed some viewport picking not working well with Line MAT rendered geometry.
- Each textport now uses its own local variables, which are also separate from parameter expression space.
- Added 'Node Language' column in List mode to more easily weed out Tscript nodes.
- Fixed dragging and dropping of CHOP channels onto parameters that were already exported onto.
- Fixed erratic layout dealing with uninitialized scroll bar areas.
- Updated Operator Snippets examples (Version 900 Join CHOP and JSON DAT)
- BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY WARNING Circle SOP - Normals for the ZX orientation now point along the positive Y axis for consistency with other orientations and SOPs.
- Font Size on Windows and Font Type on macOS are not the standard defaults in DAT viewers, Textport, parameter dialogs and other parts of the UI. Using stand-ins for now while waiting for a 3rd party library fix.
- A short pause may occur when adding the first DAT to your project, this is font rendering initialization and we are working on a solution.
- USD COMP not working.
- ZED camera operators disabled, awaiting updates to CUDA.
An Operator Family that reads, creates and modifies 3D polygons, curves, NURBS surfaces, spheres, meatballs and other 3D surface data.
The Graphics Processing Unit. This is the high-speed, many-core processor of the graphics card/chip that takes geometry, images and data from the CPU and creates images and processed data.
Each SOP has a list of Points. Each point has an XYZ 3D position value plus other optional attributes. Each polygon Primitive is defined by a vertex list, which is list of point numbers.
An Operator Family that creates, composites and modifies images, and reads/writes images and movies to/from files and the network. TOPs run on the graphics card's GPU.
A built-in panel in TouchDesigner that contains a library of components and media that can be dragged-dropped into a TouchDesigner network.
An Operator Family that associates a shader with a SOP or Geometry Object for rendering textured and lit objects.
OP Snippets is a set of numerous examples of TouchDesigner operators, which you access via the Help menu. These can be copied/pasted into your projects.
A dialog box in which commands and scripts can entered manually. Script errors and python
print() messages are also output to the textport.