Release Notes/099/2019.30000 Experimental/next
Build 2019.33840 - Nov 13, 2019
- Limit TOP - New TOP based on the Limit CHOP that can clamp, normalize and quantize images. Uses spacial (position) quantization.
- Kinect Azure TOP - Added parameters for available color controls exposure, brightness, white balance, etc. (Note: There appear to be SDK bugs with exposure and gain settings).
- Kinect Azure TOP - Added option to use the CPU for body tracking (Note: very slow).
- Kinect Azure CHOP - Added new hand, handtip and thumb joints now available via Microsoft's SDK update.
- Kinect Azure CHOP - Added new parameter 'Bone Confidence' to enable bone confidence channels.
- Kinect Azure TOP / Kinect Azure Select TOP - Added support to capture both live and body-synced video streams at the same time.
- Audio Device In CHOP - Added support for audio capture from Blackmagic Design and AJA devices.
- Video Device Out TOP - Added support for audio out using AJA devices.
- Point File In TOP - Added 'Active' menu option to create a mask of which pixels are valid points. Active is now the default for the alpha channel.
- Point File In TOP - .exr files are now loaded in RGBA order so that they match files loaded with the Movie File In TOP.
- Movie File In TOP / Movie File Out TOP / Point File In TOP - Channel order is now saved in the .exr header so that channels can be reloaded in the same order they were saved. Uses a non-standard header attribute.
- Movie File In TOP - Added support for loading Pixel Aspect Ratio for .exr files. See also OpenEXR.
- Movie File Out TOP - Added support for saving Pixel Aspect Ratio in .exr files.
- Movie File In TOP - Added support to load .exr files with arbitrarily named channels.
- Movie File Out TOP - Added parameters to give custom names to the RGBA channels in an .exr files.
- Web Server DAT - Parse parameters from URI and add them to a dictionary stored under the 'pars' key in the request dictionary.
- Engine COMP - Added Info DAT support to get the path to the TouchEngine binary being used.
- Line MAT - "pscale" attribute added for points.
- OP Execute DAT - Added new callback onCreate() which is called when the monitored operator is first detected.
- Updated most palette components to improve parameter naming and organization, network cleanup, and Binding to top level parameters.
- SysInfo Class - Added rootTime, cpuBits, mainMonitor, numCPUs, numMonitors, xres, yres, tfs.
- Movie File In TOP - Added python functions to access header data.
- Movie File In TOP - Added python function that returns a tuple with the available channel names in the file.
- WebclientDAT Class.request() - Added authentication capabilities to .request() method via keywords.
- WebclientDAT Class.request() - Added an
uploadFilekeyword that has the same functionality as the 'Upload File' parameter.
- Optimized Expressions - OP.fetch() is now optimized in some cases.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Kinect Azure TOP - Added frames and timestamps to the Info CHOP channels.
- Kinect Azure CHOP - Added frame and timestamp channels.
- Movie File Out TOP - Renamed additional input parameters from inputred0 to inputr1, inputgreen1 to inputg2, etc.
- Light COMP - Viewer now uses 'Best Fit' to display the projection area without distortion.
- Line MAT - Fixed flashing "width" attribute issue.
- Line MAT - Fixed unexpected changing of points after changing the 'Near' parameter in a Camera COMP.
- Line MAT - Node's viewer now uses the fixed near and far distances and does not get affected by "Distance Near/Far" parameters in Camera COMP.
- Point File In TOP - Large point files will now load in cropped rather than distorted when using Non-Commercial licenses with the resolution limitation.
- Point File In TOP - Now defaults to opening in 'normalized split' mode.
- Numerous improvements to Point Cloud features and handling in viewers, homing and display etc.
- Web Server DAT - BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY ISSUE Request['data'] will always come in as a python bytes object instead of a string.
- Web Server DAT - Fixed some freezes that could occur and other numerous small issues sending data.
- Web Client DAT - Added an 'Upload File' parameter for the HTTP PUT requests.
BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY - Web Server DAT request['data'] will always come in as a python bytes object instead of a string.
BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY - The 'uri' key in the request dictionary will now only contain the uri path.
An Operator Family that creates, composites and modifies images, and reads/writes images and movies to/from files and the network. TOPs run on the graphics card's GPU.
A built-in panel in TouchDesigner that contains a library of components and media that can be dragged-dropped into a TouchDesigner network.
Binding is a Parameter Mode that ties two or more parameters together, where changing the value of any one of the bound parameters changes value of all the bound parameters. The actual value is stored in one of bound parameters, called the bind master parameter.
Any of the procedural data operators. OPs do all the work in TouchDesigner. They "cook" and output data to other OPs, which ultimately result in new images, data and audio being generated. See Node.