- Faster Performance with Optimized Python Expressions and Cached Expression Results.
- Faster startup and launch times.
- RealSense TOP updated to work with D-series cameras D415 and D435.
- AJA video devices get GPUDirect mode for reduced latency.
- Support for Ximea cameras.
- Audio Render CHOP uses Steam Audio SDK for spatial audio in TouchDesigner.
- Dante audio better supported with all ASIO processing now in 32 bit floats.
- Hokuyo CHOP connects Hokuyo laser scanners using ethernet or serial connections.
- PosiStageNet CHOP reads data from the PosiStageNet protocol.
- DMX and sACN bugs fixes and improvements in the DMX In CHOP and DMX Out CHOP.
- Alembic SOP and C++ SOP give you more options to get geometry into TouchDesigner, both with GPUDirect mode.
- PreFilter Map TOP enables prefilter of Environment Lights using spatial harmonics.
- Layout TOP offers fast layout of multiple TOP inputs in rows, columns, or grids.
- NDI performance boosted with support for faster encoding formats.
- Movie File Out TOP gets H.265 and HAP encoding and Image Sequence recording.
- GLSL allows the use of #include statements and Geometry Shaders have new built-in functions and features.
- S Curve CHOP simplies the creation of beautiful S-curves.
- Privacy now works additioally with CodeMeter License Dongles.
- OP Snippets launches in current process to the example for your currently selected operator.
- Parameter Help on every parameter by simply rolling over it while holding 'alt/option' key.
- GPU times now reported in Performance Monitor, Probe tool, pop-up info on nodes, and via python methods.
- Panel COMPs get scrollbars and rendering improvements.
- Parameter COMP and Custom Parameters updated to make more flexible and fast to setup.
- Python updates to Quaternion Class, Matrix Class, OP_Class, App Class, Window COMP Class and Monitor Class and more.
- TDAbleton, Kantan Mapper, moviePlayer and more tools updated.
- SDK updates include FBX 2017.1, Oculus 1.16.0, OpenVR 1.0.14, RealSense libRealSense 2.11.0.
Updating to the most recent build requires a key whose 'Update Date' is after the build's compile date. Check your license's 'Update Date' in the Keys section of your profile at derivative.ca. If your key is out of date, purchase '1 Year of Updates' from the store to update it for use with the most recent builds.
Non-Commercial licenses are available for personal, educational, or evaluation purposes. If you or your organization are compensated for your work with TouchDesigner, you must have a Commercial or Pro license. For a comparison of licenses see Licensing.
- The Getting Started Tips will help you install TouchDesigner and get it keyed and running.
- Go through First Things to Know about TouchDesigner to get an introductory overview.
- Follow along Best of the Best Workshop videos and Matt Ragan's 2-day Intro to TouchDesigner workshop.
Tutorials and Workshop Videos
- Tutorials and Videos from Derivative - Start with the quick primer "First Things to Know about TouchDesigner" followed by the Best of the Best videos.
- Matthew Ragan's TouchDesigner Tutorials - An excellent resource for learning TouchDesigner covering over 100 topics from a great teacher.
- More User-Contributed Tutorials - More excellent videos from experienced TouchDesigner artists.
- See also Category:Videos
- Browse the Wiki Categories. Also explore the navigation bar on the left using the links or search field.
- Operator Help pages - All the node types of TouchDesigner.
- Introduction to Python - An introduction to Python scripting in TouchDesigner. Python Reference is also available for a full list of python classes.
- TouchDesigner Tips - A collection of short how-to tutorials showing you how to accomplish certain tasks.
- Search documentation using the wiki advanced search page.
- Offline Help - Access the wiki when you are not connected to the internet by pre-downloading the offline documentation package.
Sample Components, Tools and Examples
- OP Snippets - Hundreds of examples found via the Help -> Operator Snippets menu.
- Palette Browser - In the menu Dialogs -> Palette Library, or the left-pane of the default TouchDesigner.
- .tox Component forum - User-contributed components.
- General forums - Where to get any questions answered.
- Gallery forum - What people have created with TouchDesigner.
- .tox Component forum - A collection of helpful community build components.
- Facebook - Join us on Facebook and keep up to date with the latest TouchDesigner projects.
- TouchDesigner Help on Facebook- Massively Helpful Facebook Help Group for TouchDesigner run by users.
- Vimeo - Videos posted by the TouchDesigner community on Vimeo.
- Twitter - Follow us on Twitter @1null1
- FAQ - Frequently asked questions about TouchDesigner.
- Books - A list of books written about TouchDesigner.
- Matthew Ragan's github Examples
- Resources - Textures, devices, movies, audio and more.
A text string that contains data (string, float, list, boolean, etc.) and operators (+ * < etc) that are evaluated by the node's language (python or Tscript) and returns a string, float list or boolean, etc. Expressions are used in parameters, and in scripts.
An that creates, composites and modifies images, and reads/writes images and movies to/from files and the network. TOPs run on the graphics card's GPU.
The Graphics Processing Unit. This is the high-speed, many-core processor of the graphics card/chip that takes geometry, images and data from the CPU and creates images and processed data.
The tool built-in to TouchDesigner that analyzes and displays what TouchDesigner is doing as it generates an image.
A built-in panel in TouchDesigner that contains a library of components and media that can be dragged-dropped into a TouchDesigner network.