|TouchDesigner/TouchPlayer License Comparison|
|Includes all basic operators||X||X||X||X|
|Usable in paying projects||X||X|
|Transferable Keys (computer-to-computer)||X||X||X|
|Unlimited Resolution||1280x1280 limited||X||X||X|
|Use Engine COMP in TouchDesigner||X||X||X||X|
|Use TouchEngine in other applications||X||X||X|
|Hide splash screen on startup||X||X||X|
|TouchPlayer hide interface overlay||X||X||X|
|Includes all Shared Memory OPs||X||X||X|
|Leuze ROD4 laser scanner support||X||X||X|
|Send and receive textures to DirectX apps||X||X||X|
|Stream RTSP/RTMP/SRT video using the Video Stream Out TOP||X||X||X|
|Export H.264/H.265 movies in realtime with Nvidia GPU||X||X||X|
|NDI OPs for streaming video over LAN||X||X||X||X|
|Notch TOP for running Notch blocks||2x Notch Blocks (1920x1080)||2x Notch Blocks (1920x1080)||X|
|3rd party projector calibration via Vioso TOP or Scalable Display TOP||X|
|Stype camera tracking||X|
|BlackTrax motion tracking support via BlackTrax CHOP||X|
|Wrnch AI skeleton and face tracking via WrnchAI CHOP||X|
|Sync multiple processes or systems via Sync In CHOP/Sync Out CHOP||X|
|Hardware frame-lock (NVIDIA Gsync / AMD S400 sync cards)||X|
|Create Private .toe files and components (blocks editing and viewing of networks, but runs on any license).||X|
|Animation Sequencing (Clip Blender CHOPs)||X|
|Bug fixes in the specific build you are using||X|
|Pro Support (6 hours Derivative support)||X|
|TouchDesigner Price||No Charge||$300 USD||$600 USD||$2200 USD|
|TouchPlayer Price||No Charge||N/A||$300 USD||$800 USD|
Non-Commercial licenses are for personal, educational or evaluation purposes for non-paying/non-commercial use only . You may not use TouchDesigner Non-Commercial for any paid work with TouchDesigner.
Educational licenses are available to students and educational institutions. Educational has same features as a Commercial license, but are for educational non-paying/non-commercial use only. Students and school administrators must register for an Educational license and be approved by Derivative before being able to purchase the license. Register Here
How do I create and install a key?
Creating a Key
This section describes creating and installing a key for TouchDesigner if your computer is connected to the internet. If you do not have an internet connection on the computer, see the Offline section below.
- Select the Create option along the top of the Key Manager Dialog.
- Sign In using your Derivative account username and password. Click the Sign In button.
- In the following dialog, it will display all the available licenses in your account. Select which license to create a key with and click the Create Key button. Licenses that are greyed out need to be updated to work with the installed build.
The key will be created and installed and you're ready to go!.
OFFLINE - Creating a Key
ONLY Use this method if your computer is offline. To disable the key in the future you will need an internet connection.
This section describes creating and installing a key if the computer can not be connected to the internet.
In the case that the TouchDesigner computer can not connect to the internet, keys can be created for it on another connected device.
1. Take note of the Machine Name and the System Code near the bottom of the Key Manager dialog on the computer you need to make a key for.
2. Go to MY ACCOUNT and login. Go to MY LICENSES.
3. Locate the license you would like to use to create a new key with. The license must not be in use on another computer (See "Disabling a Key" if the license is in use).
4. Click on the license to expand its Details. Click the Create Key button to proceed.
5. In the popup dialog, enter your computer's information which is displayed at the bottom of the Key Manager Dialog. Click Generate when ready and the key will be created.
6. Copy and paste the key into the Install section of the Key Manager Dialog. Click the Install Key button and you're ready to go!
Can I use a license on multiple computers?
A single license can only be used on one computer at a time. However you can move that license between machines an unlimited number of times. To do this you'll need to disable the key on the active computer, then generate a new one for the new computer.
How do I move a key to another computer?
To transfer your key to another computer, you must first disable the key from where it is currently installed. Once the key is disabled, it can be used to create a new key for any other computer.
Disabling and Transferring a Key
A key must be Disabled to transfer to another machine, or to create a new key when you update your license.
The computer must be connected to the internet to disable a key. This connection is required so the key can be disabled in your Derivative account which allows you to create a new key for another computer.
- Select the Disable option along the top of the Key Manager Dialog.
- The list below shows the currently valid keys. Select the key you want to disable by clicking on it.
- Click the Disable Key button. If the key was successfully disabled in your account (on the Derivative servers) and locally it will be removed from the list and is now ready to use on another computer.
After disabling, use the instructions above to Create a Key.
How do I check all the licenses on my account?
A complete list of the licenses on your account can be viewed MY ACCOUNT. Once logged go to MY LICENSES. Use the 'Filters' to more quickly isolate the licenses you are interested in.
What are the differences between license types?
See the License Features table above.
How do I purchase licenses?
Licenses and upgrades can be purchased from the Derivative Store.