Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Getting Started Tips will help you install TouchDesigner and get it keyed and running.
- Go through First Things to Know about TouchDesigner to get an introductory overview.
- Follow along in this Introduction to TouchDesigner workshop. More workshop videos and tutorials can be found on the TouchDesigner Official Youtube page.
Tutorials and Workshop Videos
- Start with the quick primer First Things to Know about TouchDesigner followed by the Introduction to TouchDesigner workshop.
- TouchDesigner Official Youtube - A growing collection of Derivative tutorials and workshop recordings, as well as videos from previous TouchDesigner Summits.
- TouchDesigner Community Tutorials - The tutorials section of our new community feed, an amazing resource growing everyday.
- AllTD.org - An excellent resource that compiles learning materials in multi-languages from the broad TouchDesigner community, thanks to Jan Gryczan in Berlin.
- Matthew Ragan's TouchDesigner Tutorials - An excellent resource for learning TouchDesigner covering over 100 topics from a great teacher.
- Tutorials Page - A full list of tutorials available. Including user-contributed and older 088 legacy sections.
Online Courses (paid)
- TouchDesigner Workshops by Lich Pfad Studio & Stanislav Glazov - Excellent resource for GLSL, Geometry Shaders in particular and general introduction as well as intermediate material.
- TouchDesigner Tutorials by Elburz Sorkhabi & nVoid - Covering advanced topics such as Optimization, Render Picking, WebAPIs, GLSL and more.
- Learning TouchDesigner by Scott Pagano on Lynda.com - A 4h fundamentals course on TouchDesigner.
- Browse the Wiki Categories. Also explore the navigation bar on the left using the links or search field.
- Operator Help pages - All the node types of TouchDesigner.
- Python page is the main jumping off point for all things Python in TouchDesigner. Python Reference is an alphabetical index of all Python pages in the wiki. Python Classes and Modules is grouped by subject. Also see the Introduction to Python Tutorial to learn the basics of Python scripting in TouchDesigner.
- TouchDesigner Tips - A collection of short how-to tutorials showing you how to accomplish certain tasks.
- Search documentation using the wiki advanced search page.
- On the splash page when starting TouchDesigner, press TOUCHTIPS to get various usage tips while-u-wait.
- Offline Help - Access the wiki when you are not connected to the internet by pre-downloading the offline documentation package.
Sample Components, Tools and Examples
- OP Snippets - Hundreds of examples found via (1) the Help -> Operator Snippets menu, or (2) right-click on any operator in any network, or (3) right-click on any operator in the OP Create menu. When you get there, browse the various OP types, or try pressing Rand or Newest.
- Palette Browser - In the menu Dialogs -> Palette Library, or the left-pane of the default TouchDesigner.
- .tox Component forum - User-contributed components.
- General forums - Where to get any questions answered.
- Gallery forum - What people have created with TouchDesigner.
- .tox Component forum - A collection of helpful community build components.
White Papers and Topics
- TouchDesigner Video Server Specification Guide
- NDI Performance Testing
- Projection Mapping
- Generative Design
- Troubleshooting in TouchDesigner
- Video Streaming User Guide
- System Requirements
- Creating Audio with CHOPs
- Initialize Start
- numerous topics in TouchDesigner Glossary
- Facebook - Join us on Facebook and keep up to date with the latest TouchDesigner projects.
- TouchDesigner Help on Facebook- Massively helpful Facebook Help Group for TouchDesigner run by users.
- Vimeo - Videos posted by the TouchDesigner community on Vimeo.
- Twitter - Follow us on Twitter @1null1
- Books - Books to help you learn TouchDesigner. NEW! Writing GLSL Shaders
- Frequently Asked Questions - Frequently asked questions about TouchDesigner.
- CHOPCHOPCHOP - A marketplace for TouchDesigner Components.
- GitHub projects - Browse GitHub for a wide range of user submitted projects.
- Resources - Textures, devices, animations, movies, audio and more.