Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Getting Started Tips will help you install TouchDesigner and get it keyed and running.
- Go through First Things to Know about TouchDesigner to get an introductory overview.
- Follow along in this Introduction to TouchDesigner workshop. More workshop videos and tutorials can be found on the TouchDesigner Official Youtube page.
Tutorials and Workshop Videos
- Introductions - Introduction to TouchDesigner workshop and the First Things to Know about TouchDesigner series.
- TouchDesigner Official Youtube - A growing collection of Derivative tutorials and workshop recordings, as well as videos from previous TouchDesigner Summits. Also check out the Community Playlists section for great tutorials shared by the community.
- TouchDesigner Beginner Crash Course from Interactive Immersive HQ a great way to get going with Elburz Sorkhabi's 17+ concise videos.
- TouchDesigner Community Tutorials - The tutorials section of our new community feed, an amazing resource growing everyday.
- AllTD.org - An excellent resource that compiles learning materials in multi-languages from the broad TouchDesigner community, thanks to Jan Gryczan in Berlin.
- Tutorials Page - A full list of tutorials available. Including user-contributed and older 088 legacy sections.
- TouchDesigner How-To Tips - A collection of Beginner, Intermediate and Pro how-to techniques showing you how to accomplish numerous tasks.
- Search documentation using the wiki advanced search page.
- The TouchDesigner Glossary is the gateway to the concepts and architecture of TouchDesigner.
- Browse the Categories found in the navigation bar on the left.
- On the splash page when starting TouchDesigner, press TOUCHTIPS to get various usage tips while-u-wait.
- Operator Help pages - All the node types of TouchDesigner. And check out OP Snippets below.
- Python page is the main jumping off point for all things Python in TouchDesigner. Python Reference is an alphabetical index of all Python pages in the wiki. Python Classes and Modules is grouped by subject. Also see the Introduction to Python Tutorial to learn the basics of Python scripting in TouchDesigner.
- Offline Help - Access the wiki when you are not connected to the internet by pre-downloading the offline documentation package.
Sample Components, Tools and Examples
- OP Snippets - Hundreds of examples found via (1) the Help -> Operator Snippets menu, or (2) right-click on any operator in any network, or (3) right-click on any operator in the OP Create menu. When you get there, browse the various OP types, or try pressing Rand or Newest.
- Palette Browser - In the menu Dialogs -> Palette Library, or the left-pane of the default TouchDesigner. For a list of all Palette component help pages, see Category:Palette.
- Community Assets - User-contributed components and assets for TouchDesigner.
- Olib from alphamoonbase - A highly-recommended growing and active resource of free TouchDesigner Components.
- General forums - Ask any questions, share techniques, or leave comments and requests. TouchDesigner support for Non-Commercial, Educational, and Commercial should be posted here in the forum. Pro license holders can contact us directly through Pro Support.
White Papers and Topics
- Troubleshooting in TouchDesigner
- TouchDesigner Video Server Specification Guide
- NDI Performance Testing
- Projection Mapping
- Generative Design
- Video Streaming User Guide
- System Requirements
- Creating Audio with CHOPs
- Initialize Start
- numerous topics in TouchDesigner Glossary
Online Courses (paid)
- TouchDesigner Tutorials by Elburz Sorkhabi & nVoid - Covering advanced topics such as Optimization, Render Picking, WebAPIs, GLSL and more.
- TouchDesigner Workshops by Lich Pfad Studio & Stanislav Glazov - Excellent resource for GLSL, Geometry Shaders in particular and general introduction as well as intermediate material.
- Learning TouchDesigner by Scott Pagano on Lynda.com - A 4h fundamentals course on TouchDesigner.
- Facebook - Join us on Facebook and keep up to date with the latest TouchDesigner projects.
- TouchDesigner Help on Facebook- Massively helpful Facebook Help Group for TouchDesigner run by users.
- Vimeo - Videos posted by the TouchDesigner community on Vimeo.
- Twitter - Follow us on Twitter @1null1
- Books - Books to help you learn TouchDesigner. and write GLSL Shaders
- Frequently Asked Questions - Frequently asked questions about TouchDesigner.
- CHOPCHOPCHOP - A marketplace for TouchDesigner Components.
- GitHub projects - Browse GitHub for a wide range of user submitted projects.
- Resources - Textures, devices, animations, movies, audio and more.